Body located in River Ouse believed to that of missing man from Barlby
A body was located in the River Ouse on Monday lunchtime, North Yorkshire Police revealed today.
Although formal identification has not yet taken place, it is believed the man is Antony Hargreaves, 53, from Barlby.
Mr Hargreaves was reported missing earlier this month.
The death is being treated as unexplained but there is not believed to be any third party involvement. A file will be prepared and passed to the coroner in due course.
A police spokesman said:
Our thoughts are with the family and friends of Mr Hargreaves at this sad time.
Thank you to everyone who helped with the appeal to find Mr Hargreaves.
The pavement poet strikes in York
The Pavement Poet, Daniel Rowland, has chalked up a few verses for York overnight.
Daniel travels the world writing thousands of poems on pavements.
He has written several poems in King’s Square in his trademark coloured chalks. You can catch them now, before the rain or various vehicles obliterate his art.
This morning’s headlines
- Ten things you must do at York Food Festival 2018 – YorkMix
- Cyclist, 15, struck by vehicle in York – YorkMix
- Drug supplier who beat victim ‘mercilessly’ with metal bar is jailed – Press
- Family’s bid to stop York sex offender – Press
- North Yorkshire Police launch week of action against knife crime – Minster FM
Bit blowy out there today… Gusty winds, some rain, a top temp of 20°C.
[shortcode-weather-atlas city_selector=2299565 unit_c_f=”c” layout=”horizontal” background_color=”#EB0026″ hourly=5]