Updated: Missing York teenager found after public appeal

29 Oct 2014 @ 4.34 pm
| News
Katie Free, pictured with boyfriend Will Gilligan

York teenager Katie Free, who went missing from Grimsby after checking out of the town’s hospital, has been located as a direct result of a public appeal.

A police spokesperson said that Katie, 18, from Rawcliffe, was “located in the North Yorkshire area where appropriate care and support is now being provided to her.

“We would like to thank the public and the media for their help in the search for Katie.”


From 29-10-2014 at 4.34 pm

York teenager goes missing after leaving hospital

A York teenage girl with “ongoing health issues” has gone missing.

Katie Free, 18, from Rawcliffe, York, was receiving in-patient treatment at Grimsby General Hospital but left at 12.45pm on Sunday (October 26).

She has not been seen since and police are growing concerned for her welfare due to an existing medical condition.

Katie is white with a pale complexion. She has blue eyes and red hair often worn in a ponytail.

She is 5ft 7ins tall and of thin build and wears glasses.

When last seen she was wearing black leggings with boots and a blue coloured top, with a coat over the top.

Katie is believed to be with her boyfriend Will Gilligan who is from the Darlington area. It is thought they may have travelled together to the east coast area of North Yorkshire.

“Katie’s welfare is our main priority and as time moves on our concern is growing due to her ongoing health issues,” said Chief Inspector Mark Bishop of North East Lincolnshire police.

“It is important that we locate Katie as quickly as possible so that we can ensure she receives the support she urgently needs.

“We are appealing to Katie to make contact, either with her family or the emergency services at the earliest opportunity.

“We would also ask the public to help us by calling us to inform us if they see Katie and provide us with details of her whereabouts.”

Katie or anyone with information as to her whereabouts is asked to call the police on 101 quoting Humberside police log number 371 of October 26.