York Dungeon is set to reopen to visitors from Saturday (18 July), with new safety measures in place.
The site team has worked throughout the lockdown to design and implement reopening measures that ensure that the attraction is safe for visitors, colleagues and even costumed characters.
The dungeon will open from 11am-4pm every day with tours of six guests every 15 minutes as a safety precaution.
As a further precaution, guests will also be required to wear face masks while enjoying the scary spectacle that the attraction offers.
The new measures
These measures will be in place:
- Online only bookings; guests will now need to pre-book a specific time slot for their visit to ensure visitor numbers remain at a safe level throughout the day
- Social distancing; queues outside and inside the attraction, plus the tour through the dungeon with costumed characters, will be carefully spaced for everyone’s safety. Markers will be in place at most points onsite to help make this simple
- PPE; Dungeon staff may be wearing appropriate items and clothing so they can work safely. Fixtures such as clear plastic screens at check-in desks and tills may also be in-place
- Temperature checks; will be in place at all entrances for guests and team members
- Enhanced cleaning; additional cleaning will take place throughout the day and hygiene stations and hand sanitiser will be available.
To ensure safety, some elements of the York Dungeon experience, namely the Execution and Dick Turpin shows, have been temporarily closed while the Mirror Maze is now a walk through.
These adjustments to the experience will be frequently reviewed and made available again once social distancing guidelines have been reduced.
Andy Turner, general manager at York Dungeon, said: “We are really looking forward to welcoming guests and delivering thrills once more.
“We are utilising an extensive range of safety measures, designed to ensure a happy, safe and healthy experience for all.
“I know our visitor team – plus our resident costumed ‘inmates’ – are all looking forward to delivering a much needed thrill and a memorable experience following the extended lockdown.”
More information on the website.