Woman left shocked and hurt after violent robbery in York alleyway
A man used violence to steal a woman’s phone in an early morning street robbery.
It happened in an alleyway near Bachelor Hill, Acomb, between 4.45am and 5am on Tuesday (14 February).
A North Yorkshire Police spokesperson said: “The male suspect was reported to have used violence while attempting to take the female victim’s phone.
Where it happened
“Thankfully, she didn’t suffer any serious injuries and didn’t require hospital treatment.
“However, she was left shocked and frightened by the ordeal.”
Police have issued a description of the attacker. He is:
- about 6ft tall
- aged around 30
- and he speaks with a York accent.
He was wearing
- a black beanie hat
- plain dark jacket
- dark blue or black joggers
- tucked into light coloured socks.
Police say a woman was with the attacker when it happened, and they need to speak to her. She is
- about 5ft 4in tall
- aged in her mid-20s
- of thin build
- with light coloured hair
- and was believed to be wearing a hat.
“Witnesses or anyone with information about suspicious behaviour around Bachelor Hill, Gale Lane, and Tennant Road at that time on Tuesday morning, are urged to get in touch as soon as possible,” said the spokesperson.
If you can help, you can call police on the numbers below.
How to help the police
- Call North Yorkshire Police on 101 and select option 1
- Report it via the North Yorkshire Police website
- Contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via the website
- Quote reference number 12230027657