A woman aged 90 needed medical treatment after her home filled with smoke last night (Friday).
Firefighters from York and Acomb went to the incident on Boroughbridge Road, Acomb at 8.46pm.
They found the property filled with smoke.
A North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Crews using breathing apparatus entered the property and located a microwave placed on a induction hob that had accidentally been turned on.
“Crews removed the appliance from the property and ventilated.
“A 90 year old female was treated on scene for smoke inhalation and crews carried out a safe and well visit.”
[tptn_list limit=3 daily=1 hour_range=1]