North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue tackled a blaze in a property in the centre of Ripon tonight (Friday).
It was in the Ripon Launderette on North Street.
Two appliances from Ripon fire station and another from Boroughbridge were called out at 7.22pm to reports of smoke inside the premises.
Firefighters gained entry and extinguished a fire involving a number of commercial washer and dryers.
They then ventilated the heavily smoke logged property and gave advice to the owner.
No one was hurt. The cause of the fire was accidental.