An overheated USB charging cable has been blamed for a fire in a village north of York.
Firefighters from Easingwold and Acomb were called to a house off Alne Road, Tollerton at 10.01pm last night (Monday).
A North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “The fire originated in the sofa due to a charging cable plugged into the USB port of the electric sofa.
Alne Road, Tollerton
“The fire was confined to the sofa after the occupier used a dry powder extinguisher prior to the arrival of fire crews.
“The fire caused minimal damage and was out upon our arrival. The crew took park of the sofa apart and removed it to open air.
“The cause it thought to be due to an over heated cable. Crews inspected using a thermal imaging camera.”