Two crews were called into action when a bedroom caught fire at a home in York.
They were called out to the property at The Old Village, Huntington at 2.51pm.
A North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “A crew from Huntington and York attended a residential property where a small fire was discovered in the bedroom after the use of candles.
The Old Village, Huntington
“The occupant had extinguished the fire before the crews arrival but there was some fire damage to the bedroom and smoke damage to the rest of the floor.
“Crews used a knapsack sprayer to dampen down the room post fire and administered first aid prior to ambulance arrival for some smoke inhalation and burns to the occupant who was later transported to hospital.
“Crews plan to return and complete a safe and wellbeing visit to give advice about fire safety in the home.”