Two fire crews were called to a fire in Acomb last night (Monday).
They responded to reports of a fire to an electricity box on Green Lane, Acomb at 6.43pm.
A North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “The fire caused 100% fire damage to the electric meter, and 100% smoke damage to the cupboard, and light smoke logging to the entire property.
“Crews used a positive pressure ventilation fan, a thermal imaging camera and a dry powder extinguisher to extinguish, ventilate and investigate.”
The scene of the fire