Fire crews from York and Acomb were called out to an incident at 1.13am this morning (Monday).
There was a small fire reported at a home in Garth Terrace, York.
The tumble drier in the kitchen had caught alight.
A North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “The fire was out on the arrival of the fire crews and the occupier had isolated the electrics.
“Crews removed the tumble dryer to fresh air, carried out an inspection and gave advice.
“Cause believed to be a build up of combustable material within the machine.”