Staff at a York fish and chip shop are in shock but unharmed after a fire there last night (Friday).
Fire crews from Huntington and York were called to Strensall Fisheries on The Village, Strensall, at 7.25pm.
A North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “This was found to be an electrical fire to the range.
The scene of the fire
“Crew extinguished the fire and used 2 breathing apparatus and a positive pressure ventilation fan to ventilate the property.”
The shop closed after the fire. After posting the news on Facebook, Strensall Fisheries received a lot of support from customers.
Asked if everyone was OK, the reply was: “All in shock but thankfully OK.”