A shed was set on fire in York last night (Friday), in what was another busy shift for firefighters.
A York crew was called to a property near Fordlands Road at 8.36pm to a wooden shed on fire.
The flames had also spread to surrounding trees.
The shed was completely destroyed. The cause is believed to be deliberate.
In other incidents:
- at 5.48pm on Eccles Close, York crews freed a three-year-old trapped in a car, reuniting them with their mum
- at 5.41pm on Lang Hill, Burythorpe, Malton crews put out a fire involving a wooden summerhouse and tree in a garden
- at 7.28pm on Valley Road, Northallerton firefighters attended an incident involving a school shirt set on fire. The fire was out on their arrival
- at 11.22pm in Brafferton, Easingwold the Boroughbridge fire crew were called to a fire in the open. The fire measured about 15m x 15m. Easingwold firefighters were called to help and both crews worked together to extinguish the fire.
- at 12.44am at Cononley south of Skipton crews responded to a single vehicle road traffic collision. No one was trapped. One man was taken to hospital with leg injuries.