Police stopped a small hatchback driving at 60mph on the A64 after hearing a strange noise coming from the wheels.
And upon inspection, they were astonished to find
- the car had one rear tyre missing
- there were EIGHT people in the car including a baby, two toddlers and a young child
- NONE were wearing seatbelts
- one of the children was upside down in the rear footwell
- the car’s three remaining tyres were bald, with metal cord exposed
- the driver didn’t have a licence
- the vehicle was uninsured
As a result, the driver, a man in his 20s, was arrested and taken into custody and charged with dangerous driving, driving without an appropriate licence and driving without insurance.
The police issued a prohibition order on the car, which was spotted near Scarborough.
This happened during their seatbelt awareness campaign, to highlight the risks and penalties for not wearing a seatbelt.