Firefighters were called out after a pizza oven sparked a fire at a York house last night (Thursday).
A crew from York station were called to the property on Melrosegate at 8.55pm.
A North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “York attended a domestic property where a fire spread from a pizza oven had ignited the contents of a garage.
“The fire was extinguished prior to arrival by the homeowner and crews assisting in damping down and removing debris.
“One hose reel jet and thermal imaging camera used at this incident.”