Pet dog blamed for fire at York house
A pet dog was in the frame after a fire at a York house this weekend.
Firefighters from York and Acomb were called out to a home off Applecroft Road at 9.01pm on Sunday night.
A toaster had caught fire. The occupiers had taken it outside.
A North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “The toaster was on the hob as the kitchen was being renovated and it’s believed the occupier’s dog may have jumped up accidentally switching the hob on and therefore igniting the toaster.
“The fire was out upon arrival and crews inspected and gave advice.”