Man taken to hospital after house fire in York

9 Sep 2017 @ 5.55 pm
| News

A man was taken to hospital after a fire in his house on Saturday (September 9).

Fire crews from Huntington and Acomb responded to a call to the property on Woolnough Avenue, off Tang Hall Lane, at 11.56am.

They found a fire in the kitchen, caused by an unattended chip pan.

Before they arrived 29-year-old man had been led to safety. Firefighters gave him oxygen therapy before he was taken to hospital by ambulance suffering from smoke inhalation.

Crews used hose reels, ventilation fans and breathing apparatus to extinguish the fire. The kitchen suffered fire damage and there was more heat and smoke damage throughout the property.