A thief stole cash from a woman in her 80s – and police are appealing for help to find him.
The man in the e-fit is a likeness of the suspect who targeted the home of the elderly woman in Acaster Lane, Bishopthorpe.
At about 4.15pm on Thursday, July 21, a man entered the house through the back door, while the victim was out gardening.
A purse containing bank cards and a quantity of cash was stolen.
Have you seen him?
The suspect is…
|a white male|
|around 40 years old|
|5ft 8ins tall|
|with grey stubble and grey or brown crew cut hair.|
He was wearing
|a green sweatshirt with large white rubbery faded writing on the front|
|and black tracksuit bottoms.|
Police are appealing for anyone who recognises him to contact them. Details below.
How to help the police
|Call North Yorkshire Police on 101, select option 2 and ask for the York Investigation Hub|
|Or Crimestoppers 0800 555 111|
|Quote reference number 12160129853|
How to stay secure
Homeowners are being urged to be vigilant after the sneak-in burglar struck.
Officers are reminding residents to keep their homes secured at all times, particularly when outside in the summer weather.
Here are their recommendations…
1. Keep your doors and windows locked at all times, even when you are inside your home
2. Lock your front door behind you, and remove the key from the lock
3. Keep your house keys, car keys, wallet and other valuables in a safe place, out of sight, and well away from doors or windows
4. Pay particular attention when you’re outside in your garden, as you may not be able to see or hear someone entering your house
5. Ensure sheds, garages and outbuildings are locked and secure at all times – tidy away bikes, power tools and garden equipment after you’ve used them.
For more home security advice, speak to your local police team, or visit the Staying Safe page of the police’s website.