Man riding mobility scooter dies after crash with car in Northallerton
A man has died after the mobility scooter he was riding collided with a car in Northallerton.
The collision happened at the mini roundabout joining Valley Road to Greenhowsyke Lane at around 2.20pm on Thursday, 9 March.
The car, a mauve Citroen C2 was travelling along Valley Road from the direction of Bullamoor Road.
The location of the collision
The collision happened as it turned right at the mini roundabout into Greenhowskye Lane.
The mobility scooter was travelling along Valley Road in the opposite direction from Knotto Bottom Way before crossing Greenhowskye Lane.
The rider of the mobility scooter, a man in his 60s, was treated by paramedics at the scene before being taken to hospital. He sadly died on Monday (13 March).
The driver, and sole occupant of the car, a woman in her 30s, has attended a police station and been interviewed about the collision.
Police are asking for the public’s help in establishing the full circumstances surrounding the collision.
Officers would like to speak with anyone who:
- Was travelling in this area around the time of the collision and who has a dashcam fitted to the car with access to this footage
- Was travelling in this area around the time of the collision and who saw either vehicle
- Lives in this area and has either CCTV or a video doorbell fitted
- Businesses in this area who have either CCTV fitted.
People can get in touch with police on the numbers below.
How to help the police
- Call North Yorkshire Police on 101, select option 2 and ask for Major Collision Investigation Team
- Email Sarah Burton here
- Contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via the website
- Quote reference number 12230043096