Firefighters rescued a man from a house fire in Tadcaster last night (Tuesday).
They were called at 6.56pm to the home on Cherrytree Walk to “reports of a fire in a property with persons reported”.
On arrival, crews led a male resident to safety.
A North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Fire service personnel extinguished a fire to a microwave in the kitchen using one hose reel jet, two breathing apparatus, and a thermal imaging camera.
“Crews ventilated the property using a positive pressure ventilation fan.”