A man was rescued from a cemetery today (Saturday).
He had been locked into York Cemetery – but firefighters came to his rescue.
They were driving by on Cemetery Road at 4.26pm when he caught their attention.
A North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “A crew from York were flagged down by a male who had been accidentally locked in a cemetery.
“Crews used a triple extension ladder to enable the male to climb out of the cemetery.”
Elsewhere, Knaresborough firefighters attended a kitchen fire on Stockwell Lane in the town at 12.22pm.
A bag of rubbish left on the hob had caught fire due to the cooker being turned on accidentally. There was slight smoke damage to the kitchen.
At 3.42pm crews from York and Acomb attended a report of a mains gas leak on Main Street, Wheldrake.
A gas main had been damaged. Firefighters isolated the gas supply and the incident was left for the gas board.
And a Huntington crew went to Malton Road, Stockton on the Forest, at 4.46pm. They put out an unattended bonfire to stop smoke drifting onto the A64.