Man in tweed cap and Hunter wellies sought by York police after marina theft
A man wearing a tweed flat cap, Hunter wellies and carrying a sailing umbrella is being sought by police investigating a theft at a marina in York.
Police have released two photographs and a description of the man as part of their investigation.
It follows the theft of a high-value canopy from a motorboat moored at Naburn Marina.
The theft took place at around 5.15pm on Thursday (9 March).
Police want to speak to the man, described as
- aged 50 to 60
- wearing a red sailing-style jacket
- a tweed flat cap
- black jeans
- black Hunter wellies
- and carrying a distinctive blue and white sailing umbrella.
Police say he is thought to have walked up to the marina from the direction of the cycle path.
If you can help police, you can contact them on the numbers below.
How to help the police
- Call North Yorkshire Police on 101, select option 2 and ask for Peter Cooper
- Email Peter Cooper here
- Contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via the website
- Quote reference number 12230043292