The Met Office has forecast heavy rain and strong winds over the coming days, with a yellow weather warning issued across parts of England and Scotland including North Yorkshire.
As a result, LNER is expecting disruption to East Coast Main Line services in and out of London Kings Cross until at least Saturday 4 November.
Passengers are advised to avoid travel by train during this period if possible.
Most train companies running services in the south of England, South Wales and North East England could be affected by the storm.
- Services between Newcastle and Edinburgh: From 15:00 on Thursday 2 November, an hourly train service will be running between Edinburgh and Newcastle, in both directions. This will be in place until the end of service on Friday 3 November. These train services will be subject to delays of up to 40 minutes due to a speed restriction in place on this route.
- Services between Edinburgh and Aberdeen: After 10:30 on Thursday 2 November until Saturday 4 November there will be no train services operating from Edinburgh to Aberdeen, in both directions.
Customer travel advice from London North Easter Railway (LNER)
- We strongly advise customers to avoid travelling on Thursday 2 November and Friday 3 November. Some LNER trains will be running, but there is likely to be major disruption including severe delays, short notice cancellations and overcrowding. There may be service alterations on Saturday 4 November as we work towards reinstating our normal timetable.
- If your journey is wholly with LNER, tickets dated Wednesday 1 November, Thursday 2 November or Friday 3 November are now valid for travel on any other LNER service up to, and including, Tuesday 7 November. You do not need to rebook your train, but we recommend making a new seat reservation for LNER services here, at our Travel Centres or via the LNER App.
- Customers should be aware that weather conditions can change quickly which can impact our services. If you need to travel by train between now and Saturday 4 November, always check your entire journey before you travel.
- If you choose not to travel and your journey tickets dated Wednesday 1 November, Thursday 2 November or Friday 3 November are unused, you may obtain a full refund from your point of purchase. For tickets booked via the LNER website, please visit our refunds page for further information.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.