A further 20 people have confirmed coronavirus in York, figures released today show (Wednesday, 15 April).
The number has gone up from 129 to 149, stats released by Public Health England revealed.
In North Yorkshire the number of confirmed cases has gone past 500 for the first time – to 532, a rise of 46.
The number of deaths within York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust has also hit a grim milestone.
A further two people have died within the trust after contracting Covid-19, which takes the total deaths to 50.
There were no deaths recorded in the 24 hours to 5pm on Tuesday (14 April), but earlier deaths have now been confirmed as being coronavirus related, NHS England revealed.
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 98,476 (93,873)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 4,605 (5,252)
- Total UK deaths in hospital: 12,868 (12,107)
- Daily UK deaths: 761 (778)
- Confirmed cases in York: 149 (129)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 532 (486)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 248 (223)