There has been one more coronavirus case confirmed in York today (Wednesday, 19 August).
That takes the cumulative total in the city to 943 – giving an infection rate of 447.7 cases per 100,000 people.
The rolling seven-day rate in York is 3.8 new cases per 100,000 people (eight cases in the week to 16 August). That’s down from 4.7 in the previous week.
In North Yorkshire there were five new cases confirmed today, taking the total to 2,664 – a cumulative infection rate of 431 cases per 100,000 people.
There are 140 cases in Ryedale (no change), 331 in Selby (no change), 753 in Harrogate (up one) and 568 in Scarborough (no change).
There were no more coronavirus related deaths reported by York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust reported today – the total remains at 214. The last death recorded within the trust was on 18 June.
The total includes 134 in York Hospital and 80 in Scarborough.
Here are the updated figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 321,098 (320,286)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 812 (1,089)
- Total number UK deaths: 41,397 (41,381)
- Daily UK deaths: 16 (12)
- Confirmed cases in York: 943 (942)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 2,664 (2,659)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 1,676 (1,675)