There have been no new coronavirus cases confirmed in York in the last 24 hours.
Figures from Public Health England today (Wednesday, 29 April) shows that the city has 258 cases, the same as yesterday.
North Yorkshire has seen an increase of eight cases, bringing the total to 872.
The number of Covid-19 related deaths in York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust now stand at 115 – four more than the previous 24 hours.
Because of a change to the way the figures are gathered the trust wasn’t able to give YorkMix a breakdown between York and Scarborough hospitals today.
Here are some of the key figures. From now on the total number of UK deaths will include all deaths from hospitals, care homes and the wider community, not just hospitals (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 165,221 (161,145)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 4,076 (3,996)
- Total number UK deaths: 26,097 (21,678 – just deaths in hospital)
- Daily UK deaths: 765 (586)
- Confirmed cases in York: 258 (258)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 872 (864)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 539 (512)