There have now been 86 coronavirus-related deaths at York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
That’s an increase of six, figures from NHS England show.
The trust says this includes 55 people who have died at York Hospital, and 31 at Scarborough.
On a much more positive note, more than 130 patients who had been diagnosed with Covid-19 have been discharged from the trust’s hospitals, on the road to recovery.
Today’s figures (Wednesday, 22 April) from Public Health England show an increase in the number of confirmed coronavirus cases in York.
There are now 198 such cases, up by nine on the previous day.
In North Yorkshire, there are 687 cases, that’s a increase of 31.
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 133,495 (129,044)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 4,451 (4,301)
- Total UK deaths in hospital: 18,100 (17,337)
- Daily UK deaths: 759 (828)
- Confirmed cases in York: 198 (189)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 687 (656)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 386 (346)