This is the fifth successive day when there have been no more lab-confirmed coronavirus cases in York, and no further deaths within the NHS trust.
Figures released by Public Health England today (Tuesday, 21 July) show that the total number of cases remains at 912 in the city.
And North Yorkshire has also had no new cases again, with the total remaining at 2,544.
It has been more than four weeks since a coronavirus-related death was recorded within York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust – the total remains at 214.
The total includes 134 in York Hospital and 80 in Scarborough.
And the best news of all – today the trust revealed that it has successfully treated and discharged 550 patients so far.
Here are the updated figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 295,817 (295,372)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 445 (580)
- Total number UK deaths: 45,422 (45,312)
- Daily UK deaths: 110 (11)
- Confirmed cases in York: 912 (912)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 2,544 (2,544)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 1,648 (1,647)