Figures released today (Tuesday, 21 April) by Public Health England show there are now 189 confirmed cases in York, six more than yesterday.
In North Yorkshire the figure is 656 – a rise of 27 cases on the day before.
A total of 80 people have died in York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust trust of coronavirus, according to the latest NHS England figures.
That’s an increase of four fatalities..
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 129,044 (124,743)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 4,301 (4,676)
- Total UK deaths in hospital: 17,337 (16,509)
- Daily UK deaths: 828 (449)
- Confirmed cases in York: 189 (183)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 656 (629)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 346 (337)