Today (Tuesday, 28 April) we can bring you three separate sets of official figures.
Firstly, the Office For National Statistics has published its latest bulletin on coronavirus deaths, in the week ending 17 April.
In York, in the week ending 17 April, there were:
- 5 deaths in care homes (total 9)
- 1 death at home (total 6)
- 1 death at a hospice (total 1).
Meanwhile, the number of Covid-19 related deaths within York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust has reached 111, as at 5pm yesterday (Monday, 27 April). That’s an increase of four on the previous 24 hours.
This includes 69 at York and 42 at Scarborough.
The number of patients discharged after overcoming coronavirus in the trust has now reached 170.
Also confirmed Covid-19 cases have gone up – in York by seven, to 258. And in North Yorkshire there’s been a rise of 28 cases, making a total of 864.
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 161,145 (157,149)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 3,996 (4,310)
- Total UK deaths in hospital: 21,678 (21,092)
- Daily UK deaths: 586 (360)
- Confirmed cases in York: 258 (251)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 864 (836)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 512 (501)