There have been another two cases of coronavirus confirmed in York.
Today’s figures (Tuesday, 2 June) show the total now stands at 459 – an infection rate of 218.7 cases per 100,000 people.
In North Yorkshire cases have also increased by two, taking the total to 1,306. That’s an infection rate of 212.5 cases per 100K.
There are 79 cases in Ryedale (no change), 136 in Selby (no change), 304 in Harrogate (no change) and 305 in Scarborough (no change).
There have been no further coronavirus-related deaths reported in York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. That leaves the total at 210, a figure that has stayed the same since Sunday.
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 277,985 (276,332)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 1,613 (1,570)
- Total number UK deaths: 39,369 (39,045)
- Daily UK deaths: 324 (111)
- Confirmed cases in York: 459 (457)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 1,306 (1,304)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 916 (914)