York’s coronavirus statistics stayed static today (Tuesday, 9 June).
There are no more cases confirmed in the city, keeping the total at 462 (that’s an infection rate of 220.1 cases per 100,000 people).
In North Yorkshire the case total rose by six to 1,327 – an infection rate of 215.9 per 100K.
There are 79 cases in Ryedale (no change), 136 in Selby (no change), 312 in Harrogate (up four) and 310 in Scarborough (up one).
Meanwhile no further Covid-19 related deaths were reported at York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
The figure remains at 211, although we don’t yet know who many of those died in York or in Scarborough hospitals.
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 289,140 (287,399)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 1,387 (1,205)
- Total number UK deaths: 40,883 (40,597)
- Daily UK deaths: 286 (55)
- Confirmed cases in York: 462 (462)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 1,327 (1,321)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 934 (931)