Today’s figures (Thursday, 21 May) show another two confirmed coronavirus cases in York.
That takes the total to 444 and gives an infection rate for the city of 211.5 cases per 100,000 people.
In North Yorkshire there are another six cases, taking the total to 1,262 – an infection rate of 205.4 per 100K.
That includes 77 cases in Ryedale (no change), 134 in Selby (no change), 282 in Harrogate (no change) and 303 in Scarborough (up one).
There has been one further death in the York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, taking the total to 196.
The latest death is in York Hospital, taking the total there to 118, with 78 of the deaths in Scarborough.
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 250,908 (248,293)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 2,615 (2,472)
- Total number UK deaths: 36,042 (35,704)
- Daily UK deaths: 338 (363)
- Confirmed cases in York: 444 (442)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 1,262 (1,256)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 857 (847)