This is the list of roads hit by flooding, from City of York Council.
Note: Anticipated times indicated – times will be affected by rate of rise of river level
- Clementhorpe – closed at Terry Avenue junction.
- Main Street Nether Poppleton – Closed
- Naburn Lane – Closed
- Fordlands Rd – Closed. A scaffold walk way is being put in place on the left hand side of the road entering Fordlands Road.
- Skeldergate – Closed – Bus services will be diverted via Tower Street
- Knavesmire Rd – Closed
- Bishopthorpe Rd near Crematorium – one lane closed, route passable – observe traffic management
- A19 Fulford – Defences in place.
- Tower Street – Defences in place
- Riverside paths across city /Terry Avenue – Closed
- Millennium bridge (pedestrians/cyclists) – Closed
- City Mills bridge (access to City Mills Sheltered housing on Skeldergate) in place.
People should not drive, cycle or walk through flood water – it can contain hidden obstacles and health hazards. Residents are advised to check their route before travelling, if it is prone to flooding.