After a day of no increases on Saturday, the number of confirmed coronavirus cases in York has risen again.
Figures released by Public Health England today (Sunday, 19 April) show that there are 182 tested cases in York – a rise of 22 from yesterday.
In North Yorkshire, the total of confirmed cases is now 616, up from 591 the day before.
Two more people have died of Covid-19 within the York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, figures from NHS England have revealed.
A total of 70 people have now lost their lives to the virus at either York or Scarborough hospitals.
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 120,067 (114,217)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 5,850 (5,526)
- Total UK deaths in hospital: 16,060 (15,464)
- Daily UK deaths: 596 (888)
- Confirmed cases in York: 182 (160)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 616 (591)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 330 (312)