There has been another rise in the number of confirmed coronavirus cases in York.
Figures released today (Sunday, 3 May) by Public Health England show there are 315 official cases in the city, up from 300 the day before.
In North Yorkshire there are 997 confirmed cases, a rise of 23.
At the York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, there have now been 135 coronavirus-related deaths. That’s an increase of six on the previous 24 hours.
These figures cover both York and Scarborough hospitals.
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 186,599 (182,260)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 4,339 (4,806)
- Total number UK deaths: 28,446 (28,131)
- Daily UK deaths: 315 (621)
- Confirmed cases in York: 315 (300)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 997 (974)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 616 (612)