The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in York has reached 395, figures show today (Sunday, 10 May).
That’s an increase of two from yesterday. It gives York an infection rate of 188.2 per 100,000 people.
In North Yorkshire, confirmed cases now stand at 1,173 – an increase of 36, giving an infection rate of 190.9 per 100K. That includes 70 cases in Ryedale (no change), 124 in Selby (up four) and 262 in Harrogate (no change).
The number of coronavirus-related deaths within the York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust has now reached 166.
That’s an increase of two over the previous 24 hours, figures from NHS England show.
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 219,183 (215,260)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 3,923 (3,896)
- Total number UK deaths: 31,855 (31,587)
- Daily UK deaths: 269 (346)
- Confirmed cases in York: 395 (393)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 1,173 (1,137)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 740 (729)