The number of confirmed cases of coronavirus in York has reached 300.
The milestone total was revealed today (Saturday, 2 May) by Public Health England. It’s an increase of 18 on the day before.
In North Yorkshire, there are now 974 confirmed cases, up by 42.
Across the York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, there have now been 129 Covid-19 related deaths. That’s up by five on the previous 24 hours.
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 182,260 (177,454)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 4,806 (6,201)
- Total number UK deaths: 28,131 (27,510)
- Daily UK deaths: 621 (739)
- Confirmed cases in York: 300 (282)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 974 (932)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 612 (584)