There’s been one new coronavirus case confirmed in York today (Saturday, 8 August).
That leaves the cumulative total at 929, giving an infection rate of 441.1 cases per 100,000 people.
In North Yorkshire there were four new cases, taking the total to 2,600 – an infection rate of 420.7 cases per 100K.
There are 136 cases in Ryedale (no change), 323 in Selby (no change), 736 in Harrogate (up two) and 562 in Scarborough (no change).
There are no more coronavirus related deaths reported by York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust – the total remains at 214. The last death recorded within the trust was on 18 June.
The total includes 134 in York Hospital and 80 in Scarborough.
Here are the updated figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 309,763 (309,005)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 758 (871)
- Total number UK deaths: 46,566 (46,511)
- Daily UK deaths: 55 (98)
- Confirmed cases in York: 929 (928)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 2,600 (2,596)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 1,658 (1,658)