The latest figures from Public Health England have shown that the relentless climb in coronavirus shows no sign of abating.
As of today (Saturday, 11 April), the number of confirmed cases in York has reached 119, up from 111 yesterday.
In North Yorkshire the figure is 410 – a rise of 20 cases from Friday.
Meanwhile the number of deaths of patients with Covid-19 recorded at York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust has increased by two.
The total who have died at either York or Scarborough Hospitals now stands at 39. There were no new deaths on Friday.
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total UK cases: 78,991 (70,272)
- Daily confirmed UK cases: 5,234 (5,195)
- Total UK deaths: 9,875 (8,958)
- Daily UK deaths: 917 (980)
- Confirmed cases in York: 119 (111)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 410 (390)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 187 (174)