Good news to report; it’s another day without new coronavirus cases or deaths within York.
Today’s figures (Saturday, 13 June) from Public Health England show that the cases in York remain at 462 for the tenth day running. That’s an infection rate of 220.1 cases per 1,000 people.
There have been six new cases reported in North Yorkshire. The new total, 1,336, gives an infection rate of 217.4 cases per 100K.
There are 79 cases in Ryedale (no change), 136 in Selby (no change), 319 in Harrogate (up six) and 311 in Scarborough (no change).
There have been no further deaths within the York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, leaving the total at 212.
That includes 80 in Scarborough and 132 York.
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 294,375 (292,950)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 1,425 (1,541)
- Total number UK deaths: 41,662 (41,481)
- Daily UK deaths: 181 (202)
- Confirmed cases in York: 462 (462)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 1,336 (1,330)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 946 (945)