There were no more coronavirus cases confirmed in York today (Saturday, 15 August).
So the cumulative total in the city remains at 938.
In North Yorkshire there were 8 new cases confirmed today, taking the total to 2,628 – a cumulative infection rate of 426.5 cases per 100,000 people.
There are 139 cases in Ryedale (down one – we assume a correction), 326 in Selby (no change), 746 in Harrogate (up two) and 565 in Scarborough (up one).
There were no more coronavirus related deaths reported by York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust reported today – the total remains at 214. The last death recorded within the trust was on 18 June.
The total includes 134 in York Hospital and 80 in Scarborough.
Here are the updated figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 317,379 (316,367)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 1,012 (1,441)
- Total number UK deaths: 41,361 (41,358)
- Daily UK deaths: 3 (11)
- Confirmed cases in York: 938 (938)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 2,636 (2,628)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 1,672 (1,671)