Just one more person has tested positive for coronavirus in the last 24 hours in York.
Today’s update (Monday, 20 April) from Public Health England shows there are 183 confirmed cases in the city, up from 182 on Sunday.
There’s only been a small increase in official cases in North Yorkshire too, which now stand at 629, up from 616 on Sunday.
The number of Covid-19-related deaths in the York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust now stands at 76, latest figures from NHS England reveal.
That’s another six people who have lost their lives.
Of these deaths, 48 were at York Hospital, and the remaining 28 at Scarborough.
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 124,743 (120,067)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 4,676 (5,850)
- Total UK deaths in hospital: 16,509 (16,060)
- Daily UK deaths: 449 (596)
- Confirmed cases in York: 183 (182)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 629 (616)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 337 (330)