There have been more confirmed cases of coronavirus in York in the last 24 hours.
Figures issued today (Monday, 4 May) by Public Health England show the total now stands at 319 in the city – up four on yesterday.
In North Yorkshire, the number of official cases passed one thousand for the first time. The total in the county is now 1,024, an increase of 27.
There have also been a further five coronavirus-related deaths within the York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
The total deaths, across both York and Scarborough hospitals, now stands at 140.
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 190,584 (186,599)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 3,985 (4,339)
- Total number UK deaths: 28,734 (28,446)
- Daily UK deaths: 288 (315)
- Confirmed cases in York: 319 (315)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 1,024 (997)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 619 (616)