The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in York remains at 462 today (Monday, 8 June), for the fifth day in a row.
But there has been another death reported at the NHS Trust.
In North Yorkshire, one more coronavirus case has been confirmed by Public Health England. That takes the total in the county to 1,321, an infection rate of 215.0 cases per 100,000 people.
There are 79 cases in Ryedale (no change), 136 in Selby (one fewer), 308 in Harrogate (no change) and 309 in Scarborough (up one).
New figures from York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust show there has been one more death in the 24 hours up to 5pm yesterday, taking the total to 211.
That is the first new death since Saturday, 30 May (reported the following day).
It is not yet clear whether the death occurred at York or Scarborough hospital.
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 287,399 (286,194)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 1,205 (1,326)
- Total number UK deaths: 40,597 (40,542)
- Daily UK deaths: 55 (77)
- Confirmed cases in York: 462 (462)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 1,321 (1,320)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 931 (931)