The Met Office issued an updated weather alert at 10.19am which affects York.
The update is to the existing yellow weather warning for wind in the area, running from 10am on Sunday and noon on Monday.
It is in addition to the amber warning for rain in our area.
The update reads:
Storm Dennis will bring some very strong winds and transport disruption during Sunday and into Monday morning.
What to expect
- Some delays to road, rail, air and ferry transport are likely
- Probably some bus and train services affected, with some journeys taking longer
- Delays for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges likely
- Some short term loss of power and other services is possible
- It’s likely that some coastal routes, sea fronts and coastal communities affected by spray and/or large waves