Joseph Rowntree School students in the Class of 2020 have achieved well across A level and BTEC Level 3 qualifications. Here are some of the exceptional outcomes.
- Daniel Berry has gained a place at Wadham College, Oxford to study Psychology after achieving an A* in politics to go with his A* outcomes in English Language and Psychology
- Bella Glover achieved A*A*A* in English Literature, Psychology and Theatre Studies, and is returning to the school to complete a Chemistry A level in the new academic year
- Abigail Lavers achieved A*A*A in Biology, Sociology and History, and is off to Durham University to study Health and Human Sciences
- Eve Martin with A*A*A in French, Psychology and Sociology goes on to study French and Linguistics at Edinburgh
- Olivia Appleton with grades of AAA in English Literature, History and Psychology goes on to study Law at Nottingham
- Charlotte Aspin with grades of A*AA in Biology, Chemistry and Psychology will study Medicine at Newcastle
- Aedan Evans achieved A*A*A in Biology, Chemistry and Physics, whilst simultaneously adding Mathematics A level to his subject mix, which he will complete next year along with an EPQ
- Cate Mulholland has achieved A*A*A in English Literature, Sociology and Psychology and goes on to study Behavioural Science at Durham
- Hamish McArthur has achieved A*AA in PE, Maths and Biology and is aiming to continue his outstanding performance in international rock climbing when he leaves us. Hamish has competed for Team GB on multiple occasions during his time studying for his A levels and showed great commitment to both his academics and the sport he loves so much
- Olivia Forth achieved A*AB in Mathematics, Computer Science and Physics and goes on to study Motorsports Engineering
- Emily Gardner with AAB in Biology, Psychology and Chemistry who goes on to Kings College, London to study Biomedical Science
- Jess Kilner achieved A*AB in Psychology, Sociology and Biology and goes on to study Psychology at university
- Evie Wilman achieved AAB in Business Studies, English Language and Media Studies and will go on to study International Business. Evie was one of our Student Presidents and worked tirelessly towards her A levels as well as having a striking impact on student leadership within the Sixth Form.
The following students also saw A* grades or multiple A grades within their results:
- Ines Castanheira (A* Spanish)
- Georgia Clay (A* Mathematics)
- Scott Cooper (A* Mathematics).
Multiple A grade performances for:
- Josh Kelly (A grades in Photography and Graphics)
- Faye Stainton (A grades in Theatre Studies and English Language)
- Katie Western (A grades in English Literature and Theatre Studies).