Three more coronavirus cases have been confirmed in York today (Friday, 14 August) – the first figures since Wednesday, after technical problems prevented Public Health England updating its dashboard yesterday.
That takes the cumulative total in the city to 938 – giving a total infection rate of 445.4 cases per 100,000 people.
In North Yorkshire there were 14 new cases confirmed today, taking the total to 2,628 – a cumulative infection rate of 425.2 cases per 100K.
There are 140 cases in Ryedale (up three), 326 in Selby (up two), 744 in Harrogate (up four) and 564 in Scarborough (up one).
The latest weekly update from the Office For National Statistics shows a total of 171 deaths recorded among York residents, occurring by 31 July and registered up to 8 August. Of these:
- 83 were in hospital
- 75 in care homes
- 9 at home
- 3 in a hospice and
- 1 in an ‘other communal establishment’.
The Local Registrar Data is less comprehensive, but provides a breakdown by age and gender. It has recorded 162 York deaths up to 5 August.
The average age of the people who died was 82.47, with an age range of 53-104. The age profile of those dying in York is slightly older than the national average.
- 86 of the 162 were male (53.1%), slightly less than the national average (55%).
- 81 of the deaths occurred in hospital and 81 were community deaths (e.g. at home or in a care home or hospice).
- 70 people (43.2%) died in nursing /care homes (the national average is 29.6%). In addition 13 people (8%) who normally resided in nursing/care homes in the CYC area, died in hospital.
There were no more coronavirus related deaths reported by York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust reported today – the total remains at 214. The last death recorded within the trust was on 18 June.
The total includes 134 in York Hospital and 80 in Scarborough.
Here are the updated figures (Monday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 316,367 (313,798)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 1,441 (1,009)
- Total number UK deaths: 41,358 – new count (46,706 old count)
- Daily UK deaths: 11 (77)
- Confirmed cases in York: 938 (935)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 2,628 (2,614)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 1,671 (1,663)