City of York Council has confirmed the services that will remain open, operate slightly differently or will close in this lockdown.
Many services will continue to operate in order to support local businesses and key workers for the duration of the new national restrictions. These include:
- Public toilets, parks and children’s play areas and household waste and recycling sites will remain open.
- Foot streets restrictions will revert to finishing at 5pm rather than 8pm and the temporary loading bans will be removed. This is to ensure additional help for local businesses moving to delivery services.
- Key NHS workers will be able to park for free at the Union Terrace coach park.
- Public meetings will continue remotely with residents encouraged to take part.
- Children’s and adults services will continue with further guidance expected.
- York, Tang Hall and Acomb libraries will remain open for people to go into to use the public computers and to collect items ordered online. All others will close.
The council has also confirmed those services that will now need to close, following the national guidance, including:
- Wedding services.
- Outdoor and indoor gyms, sport facilities and swimming pools.
- The Mansion House.
Anyone affected by coronavirus and who has no other sources of help, can call the Council’s Covid-19 helpline on 01904 551550 or email [email protected].