Fire crews were called to a fire caused by a gas leak in York last night (Monday).
They were alerted to the incident off York Road, Acomb at 9.33pm.
A North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Fire crews from Acomb and York attended an address after fire control received a call to reports of a butane cylinder of a gas barbecue on fire.
“Crew attended and extinguished the fire caused by damage to the gas pipe causing a gas leak.”
The crews used a hose reel jet to put out the flames.