There are five flood warnings in place for York today – but river levels are now dropping.
The flood warnings, last updated at 7.06am today (Thursday, 16 November), are:
- River Ouse at Acaster Malbis
- River Ouse at Naburn Lock
- River Ouse at York – riverside properties
- River Ouse at York – Skeldergate and Tower Street
- River Ouse at York – St George’s Field and Queen’s Staith.
The River Ouse at the Viking Recorder peaked at 4.12m at 8pm last night (Wednesday). The top of the normal range is 1.9m.
It is now forecast to fall quickly, down to 2.41m by tomorrow night (Friday).
Elsewhere, Tadcaster Bridge is still closed although there is due to be an inspection this morning.
These flood warnings are still in force in North Yorkshire:
- River Derwent at Buttercrambe Mill
- River Derwent at Stamford Bridge – The Weir Caravan Park and Kexby Bridge
- River Ure at Aldwark Bridge to Cuddy Shaw
There are also a number of flood alerts, which you can see here.